People-watching is interesting.
Not in that stalking manner, mind you - but merely just observing how they act, what they wear, and the things they do. And these observations can turn into deductions quickly - they can be done in one simple glance. Sometimes people remind me of little experiments - it'd be interesting to approach them just to see how they think, and what their mindsets are like without being too close or proclaiming your friendship to them - because it'd just be awkward after that.
There's always the few students with headphones/earphones in their ears, music blasting to their hearts' content. Heck, I'm one of them during long bus rides and walks to buildings - my hands would be shoved into my pockets, switching from song to song until I found one I liked. There would be some who would jog past in their sportswear, determined for the physical challenge; and there would be the girls who wore close to nothing at all. Well, not in that sense - but sometimes the things they wore practically screamed "impractical" and "impossible" to you. They would wear things that made you shake your head, watching as they laughed and shrieked, tossing their long hair and waving arms around.
Then there were the skateboarders. I nearly got knocked down by one of them a few days ago, since he was speeding onward and I didn't realize that I was in his way. But that's alright - there's something about skateboards that seem exciting and thrilling, and those who do the skateboarding are most of the time the vibrant people bursting with energy. Those people aside, there would be the ones who sat in the library, typing intelligently away on their laptops or flipping books for research material. Half of the time I'd be curious to what they were up to, but then I'd tell myself that I had my own jobs to do too. They were probably doing something way too profound for my understanding anyway.
And oh, not to forget those who traveled in pairs, trios, or groups. Some of them, I realized, merely met by chance. Many of them, however, were the socialites who stuck together - making plans and just being comfortable in their social circle. They would hold coffee, books, phones - all sorts of things that students normally had. Some of them would take a drag, puffing on the cigarette butt outside the buildings before entering.
Yeah, people-watching. That's how it goes.
I'd constantly wonder what kind of lives these people lived - how different it would be from mine, whether they had it easier or harder.
Of course, there are no answers.

No comments:
Post a Comment