Sunday, January 8, 2012

Grandpa's Birthday - Family Gathering

Yeah, well. It was totally female time with Winnie - with Max being the one to snap the photos.

She's my best cousin (Max, you too. I look forward to having free cruises from you after you become a marine biologist - wait, does that relate to the current discussion?) - and is absolutely fun to hang around with.

When I was younger, I always pestered my mum to allow me to stay over at their house. We'd fawn over comics, cartoons, and play baseball at their parents' room. It's a wonder that we never broke anything. I do remember tripping over many things, though.

Oh, how time has passed. We used to be so adorable - and then we grew up.

Which may not be such a bad thing either. 

So, yeah. Family gathering, along with grandpa's birthday. They all crashed my house happily, which took us many days to clear up so that it'd look "presentable" to them. I lost count the number of times mum screamed at me to "put the chairs nicely" or to "clear the computer area". Basically, all the places that I worked around at contained the mess. I'm a messy person by nature. 

Max has gotten himself a new Sony DSLR. Like, daaaamn. Absolutely hot.Kicks the ass of my Olympus anytime - but I still like mine better, simply because it's easier to carry around.

 The three of us had to play the piano as usual for all the guests. I swear, it's a family tradition. Not that I'm complaining, but I've gotten real rusty in it. The both of them, on the other hand, rocked the piano per usual.

Birthday cakes, pizza, roast duck, salted chicken, curry - yeah, food - glorious food. 

Max, Winnie and I played Monopoly Deal later. Still not familiar with that - I always forget, and there's no one to play with me at home anyway. 

Yeah, and that was that.

Other updates - 
Fees for Foundation in Arts, paid. Proof of payment, gotten it. Reply to University of Canterbury in Christchurch, done. Long emails to USA acquaintances, done. Books - most of them have been passed to juniors, all that's left is one more pile for a friend on Gerko Day. Beta-reading - done, too. 

Other urgent things to do -
Update Tertiary bank account. Email the S@S people and University of Otago. Meet Tjia Hwei and Qi Ren on Tuesday. Head to school on Gerko Day this Friday. Return to Kedah during CNY. Pack, pack, pack. Finalization of other issues. Faster clear out stuff. Anyone willing to help  me keep those slightly spicy mangas I've bought from manhwacheng? I seriously need to do something with those. PHOTO-BOOK PHOTO-BOOK PHOTO-BOOK - damn, I have to finish up that too.

 And my readers on Fanfiction.net are getting edgy. I'm sorry. Procrastination is just a talent of mine.


Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment