Saturday, June 9, 2012

Life as it is, life as it was.

It's about time I updated a little with some photos to boot - because, heck, not updating for such a long time doesn't seem like me - even with such a busy schedule.

The exams are finally over. To be honest, it wasn't too stressful. I mean, come on. As a former CHS-ian that juggled with twelve subjects, how could five push me to the brink of insanity? I guess this is one of the benefits of coping with through the exhausting high school years - get screwed up with all the junk, and survive happily later.

But anyway. Five subjects or not, studying was still necessary. And I mean, studying with the food was necessary. Witness the chips. They're like, $2.20 for the medium and $2.60 for the large. And it's obtainable just by walking to the library's opposite shops!

 And if there's one thing amazing about the central library here, you can book group study rooms that have these boards here for you. The annoying issue is that during the exam season - everyone - and by that, I mean all the university students, want to use these rooms. Seriously, competition is intense during this period of time - it's like the season where there would be no places available for you in the library, and you'd have to arrive at 8am in the morning just to find a place to sit. 

But anyway, those are like, our fail Geography revisions on the board. My map of New Zealand looks like a potato.

And now...Renaissance Rapier. Much love, much love.
Hey, anything's possible. 

Strike a pose, fellas. Anne being the only Asian there stands up for friggin' Asian pride - and for being, like, the smallest there.
 ASIAN PRIDE - okay, that's probably more apt for Kendo or something.
Then there were the snow days. 

I had been expecting some snow, but not that early in June. Being in New Zealand quite often when I was younger made me know that snow just didn't come during this time. 

So when the weather forecast said it would snow, I smiled - my host mum smiled - all of us just did, because we didn't expect it to actually snow.

But in the morning, I drew the curtains only to see blinding white covering the grass. I didn't know whether to scream or cry. Buses just didn't come up to the mountain where I lived on days like these - but thankfully, in the end, bus services weren't suspended because the workers had done their best to shovel the snow away. Accidents were aplenty around the Christchurch region, though, and nearby my area there were cars that had slipped and crashed into each other. Basically, it was a crazy morning where there were police cars everywhere. How I managed to get to the city after that was a miracle. Thank you, bus drivers. 

Oh, and this is Patches looking at the snow. He's such a regal fluff ball. That's why I like him, and that's why I don't as well.


 Yeah, when I saw this I basically went wtf.

So now that the exams are over...there are a whole lot of stuff I need to do. Starting out with...entertainment!

I don't know what the fuck has been possessing me to rent DVDs from the video rental shop. Now that I look back at it, it's fucking crazy. I pay for it, and get back home to realize that three episodes aren't working. I mean, seriously. What, the, fuck? Anne, New Zealand may have been good for you, but some parts of it are really screwing with your mind. If not for the fact that I'm living off someone's wifi and that any legal charges will go to them, I wouldn't be doing this shit. 

But anyway, Code Geass is good. Seriously.

After that, I'll have to catch up with my stories.

And apply for that magazine writing job...because I think I actually do stand a chance.

And to clear out all those junk paper from my room. I'm planning to recycle all those lecture notes because - heck, not gonna need them for the next semester. 

And of course, I'm seriously thinking of doing something with my hair that would make my parents consider disowning me.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment