Home is neither here nor there but where the wi-fi automatically connects.
I miss the ones who I would drink tea with amidst the background of the setting sun, having lively discussions about Supernatural and Doctor Who.
I miss the ones who I would discuss controversial topics such Law and Politics with, our anger and ferociousness annoying and amusing others at the dinner table with us.
I miss the ones who I would drink with past twelve, and we would bar-hop and sing amidst the drunk in the street - smiling and laughing despite South's deathly chills.
I miss the ones who I would wave and say hello to.
I miss the one who once did a pinky promise with me in his sombre, professional voice.
I miss the one who I held hands with to McDonalds at one in the morning.
I miss the one who would barge into my room at eight in the morning, flicking my light switch on and running away quickly while I screamed obscenities.
I miss the days where you and I did our duets on the grand piano, even though you were honestly the one who did most of the work.
I miss the ones who we would talk about our guys of choice with.
I miss the ones who I would cheerily tease.
I miss the ones who studied with me in the ACR, where we traded dubious looks and mischievous glances.
I miss the ones who acknowledged my presence, my capabilities, my existence.
Even if I have failed to be the person I have hoped to be there - even if I have failed to prove myself as worthy - it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter and it never mattered. And I don't care what others say - if I were to be choked in a country as stifling as the one I was born in, you might as well take away my life. You might as well kill me.
Three more months to endure.
Ugh, I whine too much.
Yes, yes, I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment