Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Zealand - Day Six (12/12/11)

It was a grey morning with little sunshine. It didn't seem that the weather was going to be very nice today, and that thought miffed me to no end. Since we had some issues to settle with the bank, my parents and I headed to both ASB and ANZ bank.

Auckland morning from high up.

I created my bank account in ASB, activating it and promptly getting my card for EFTPOS usage. With that, I realized that I was running late. I had to meet Hamsa, and she was already waiting at the hotel lobby. I felt bad, of course, but she assured me that it was okay. And with that, my parents brought us to lunch at one of the nearby restaurants.
 The lunch was alright, and I had the biggest Christmas pudding that I had ever seen in my life.

Hamsa and I roamed Auckland after that. We were supposed to check out the parks and chat there the entire afternoon, but dang the weather - it rained on, and didn't seem like stopping anytime soon. We walked around the streets for a while, felt annoyed by the onslaught of rain, and decided to rest by at Gloria Jeans for a cuppa.

 And we talked, gossiped, and discussed about everything under the sky - including 5S1, our friends, new potential relationships between them, college, university, families, and just life in general. It felt good to talk to her after not having the chance to do so for such a long time. We talked about our future plans - and I grinned when I found out that she would be applying to Otago University the year after this.

It would be nice if the two of us could be in the same university. We would meet up often, complain about our workload, and hang out anytime we wanted.

Yeah, that would be wonderful.

My parents decided to bring Hamsa out for dinner, and we ended up eating at this steamboat restaurant. All the menu was in Chinese, and it was obvious that the restaurant catered to the needs of the Chinese from China.
I didn't particularly enjoy the dinner - it was too oily, and everything tasted like pork and mutton. Nevertheless, it was my brother's choice of restaurant, so we went along with him.

My parents like Hamsa. A lot. They like how she refuses to forget about the Chinese culture, and they like the fact that she's independent and assertive.

I'm glad they do - because I can tell that Hamsa will definitely be one of my lifelong friends. I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment